Friday 28 February 2014

Sorry

Good evening everyone,

I am so sorry it's been so long since my last update, I've been really slack and cannot believe it was September last year when I last commented here!!

Our visit with our son was fantastic!! The cats (the kids have 2) didn't get on real well until the day we left for home but that's pretty much typical isn't it???

We love little Mac so much, we had to get her a friend.... we hunted around the local shelters and couldn't find anyone suit. Bec was checking out the websites for the pound and shelters and found a grey and white tabby she liked. It took quite a while to track her down but she is now a very settled girl in her new home. Luna is her name and she is older than Mac but still acts like a kitten. We think she was belted up quite a bit (she was one of 30 cats found locked in a warehouse) and may have some brain damage but she is very loving and enjoys heaps of cuddles.

We went caravanning at Christmas time and learnt so much it still gives me a headache to think about it! Who knew baby powder will keep ants out of stuff?? I put it around the dogs food bowls and had to laugh at the ants trying to shake the powder off their tiny little feet!! So much better than having to kill them, that's for sure.

We took the girls (cats) and boys (dogs) with us caravanning and they all seemed to enjoy the time away. I know we did! I toughened up and was pulled by a speedboat whilst on a biscuit (rubber tube shaped like a huge donut).... I didn't fall off but think that only happened because my brother-in-law took pity on me and drove slowly!!

Bob (son) and Beth (fiancé) stayed with us for New Year and we had a lovely time with our family.

Since then, Bec and I bought 2 fishing kayaks and have been out on nearby rivers several times. We later found out there are bull sharks in the water around here, so we're checking out the nearest dams and only going there to 'yak' (I'm trying to get the lingo right!!) and fish.

We love checking out garage sales, even though we have enough stuff to furnish another home!! On one particular Saturday expedition, we were finding useful and cheap stuff (eg aluminium portable pergola to take vanning next time) and Bec saw this tiny kitten in the yard of the owner. The kitten was charcoal grey, playing with a very large dog and chasing bugs. Bec drooled and was keen to take the owner up on holding the cat. The owner then informed us they were moving and didn't want to take the kitten with them.... short story, we now have 3 cats!! We didn't name Luna but the name suited the Harry Potter theme for our girls so we kept it and even named the new kitten Molly, after Mrs Weasley.

Last weekend we went to Brisbane to see Dolly Parton in concert.... Dolly may be 68 but she is still a pocket dynamo and is a wonderful entertainer. I hate crowds, loud noise, flashing lights and driving in Brisbane but I loved the show and would happily do it again. Love you DOLLY!!!

Last year we completed our Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety and earlier this month I let Bec talk me into doing another course!!! So we're now attempting a Diploma of Management with TAFE NSW. Yes, we have to travel to NSW again as Queensland TAFE aren't running anything we want to do.

In regard to Book 6, well, there's nothing to report as I have been totally slack and not been writing much at all. I will start writing again, but this book will be a lot slower than the others.

Please feel free to email me if you have any requests for situations to put the Queens into and any recommendations you have for character development. Yes Chris, I intend to spend some more time with the male characters this book!! :-)  :-)

All the best to you and your families

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment